Username:
Password:

Register Forgot password?

Login to Vote!

Flambee goes up in flames!!!!

VN:R_U [1.9.1_1087]
+11 (11 votes)

A mother and daughter say their dinner at an Italian restaurant we insure didn’t go quite as planned after a waiter in the process of flambéing a dish table-side proceeded to light the daughter’s face, hair, neck, and hand on fire.

According to the suit, the mother and daughter were sitting at their table back in 2013 when the daughter  became engulfed in flames from the neck up. She reportedly sustained “serious and severe injuries,” which were in turn followed also by burns to her mother once she “leapt to her daughter’s rescue and attempted to extinguish the flames that were engulfing her daughter

Their law suit, which demands an unspecified sum argues the restaurant was careless in allowing anything to be flambéed so close to patrons in a crowded dining room. The mother and daughter say that besides the “shock, fright and emotional distress” suffered, the daughter continues to receive medical care for her burns.  This claim happened two years ago and our insured just provided us with the lawsuit.  They were trying to pay the claim under the table and then realized it was going to be an expensive claim!!!!!  We are not going to fight this one and will attempt to settle ASAP.

Leave a comment or a trackback.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Monthly Contest

Enter to Win Crazy Gift Cards -- Up to $100.00! You would be Crazy not to submit your bizarro claims stories for the chance to win up to $100.00 in gift cards if your story is laugh out loud funniest, cringe-worthiest or craziest. Submit your Crazy claims today -- just make sure not to use any real names of people or companies. You could be a winner!

View Winners